Wednesday 18 July 2012

Day Something: Unit 10- Electromagnetic Waves and Color


Lights, Camera, Action!!

Taking a picture involves a lot more physics than you would think! First off, in order to take a picture of something, the light reflection from an object needs to reach the camera! If the light is dim, the camera needs to open up its lens just as the pupil in an eye widens. This allows more light to come in!

I took this picture while looking in a mirror, which involves physics as well! This mirror is a regular mirror. So if you were to bounce a beam of light perpendicular to it, it would reflect off the mirror and bounce straight back. If you had a concave or convex mirror, when standing in it, you would look differently because the light reflecting off is curved and reflected in different ways.

If I took this picture 0.5 meter away from the mirror, you would think that my reflection is 0.5 meters from me. But because the distance from and object to the mirror equals the distance from the mirror to the image, the actual distance between me and my reflection is 1 meter!

No comments:

Post a Comment